#FCPtreasurehunt

0 comments

Even though I have travelled to England many times (and even lived for about 10 months with a local family just south of London), Nottingham was never one of my destinations. As most other people (especially from out of the UK) I had of course heard of it as the land of Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham; but that's really all I knew about it before I moved in.

So what better way of getting to know the city than to do a treasure hunt?

During our first week we were split up in groups of five and sent off with nothing more than a map and a list of clues. Our lecturers seem to rather like the "small & independent" as opposed to the "big & mainstream" (which is great!), therefore most of the sites on our list were cool, sometimes proper hidden shops and cafés that just added to my already very positive impression of this city. I have no doubt that I will be going back to some of these places and actually spend some time to take it all in - especially around the Creative Quarter.

Alongside exploring and noting down the names of the shops, we were also meant to document our little adventure through photos and make a collage out of them. It wasn't too easy to get properly organised with my group, especially since it was still Freshers' Week and we were all busy buzzing around the campus to try new things and meet new people, but the collage up there is what we came up with in the end.

Here's some more photos that weren't included in the final collage, in random order:

Post a Comment

Instagram

© thorns have roses | fashion, travel, lifestyle. Design by MangoBlogs.